Happy Thanksgiving (SEO How-To Style)
(Update: These SEO tips put this post on Google’s first page in less than 24 hours!! — see proof below)
In the spirit of the approaching Thanksgiving holiday I’m thankful for my loyal readers, as well as the SEO lessons which I’ve learned from my friends Ray and Ferny at SEONetworker.com. Through this Happy Thanksgiving post, I’m creating an opportunity to pass along some of their key SEO teachings to my Network Marketing and Blog families.
Below this fun Happy Thanksgiving video you’ll discover simple explanations of the few, powerful SEO strategies built into this post. By applying these same techniques throughout your blogs and webpages, you will raise your ‘organic’ search engine placement, reduce your pay-per-click (PPC) and Adwords costs, and improve lead generation.
SEO strategies used in this post…
For some of you, these key search engine optimization (SEO) techniques will be old news. To demonstrate the effectiveness of these SEO techniques and as an educational experiment, I’ll update this post following the Thanksgiving holiday with before and after traffic metrics.
- SEO Tip 1: Select one or two keywords to optimize within the page/post. These can be single words (as in this example), or more descriptive, ‘long tail’ phrases.
- SEO Tip 2: Include your keywords in specific elements of your page/post
- Page/Post Title
- Section headers — use “H1″ and “H2″ tags
- Meta data — Post Tags, Categories, Description, Excerpt
- Within the body
- SEO Tip 3: Keywords should naturally occur within your content
- Include keyword(s) at least once in each paragraph.
- Ensure that they occur ‘in natural speech’. Use word variations of your keywords to keep the content stimulating. (something Google interprets as higher quality content)
- Don’t over do it — Google will knock down your ranking if it appears that you’ve ‘stuffed’ the keywords into the page.
- SEO Tip 4: Optimize site/page for load speed (non-geek version)
- (non-geek stuff) Minimize the file size of all attachments, pictures, and videos.
- (geek stuff) Make sure that your tracking and SEO plugins are loaded into the page footer and not the header.
- (more geek stuff) Manage cache expiration dates on graphics and other, non-text content.
Now, with these four SEO tips in mind, go back and re-read this post. Pay particular attention to where you see my two, chosen keywords appear. By applying these same SEO techniques to your website or blog you can create a tremendous improvement in your placement within organic search engine results.
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed the video and learned a new SEO tip, or two. Please submit your comments or SEO tips below and don’t forget to share this post with your friends!
I sincerely wish you and your family a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
UPDATE (Oct 29): The proof is in the (plum) pudding:
These 4 simple SEO tricks produced 1st page Google ranking in less than 24 hours!
The two pics below show the page rank of this post shortly after publishing (Oct 28, 2009), then 24 hours later. Notice that on day one I had to apply several filters to the Google search result in order to eliminate 99% of other pages matching my search, just to find my page. Yet, merely one day later, the same search terms shows this post as #4 on Google’s FIRST page. SEO works!!!
If you’re ready to build your business and enjoy similar online performance for your website, enter your name and email address in the upper right corner of this page for more SEO and marketing tips.
Thanksgiving post, day one:
Ranked #3 out of 4,490 ‘highly filtered’ search results — Search filters applied: English Language, from a Blog, and Less than 1 month old
What a difference a day makes (with SEO)
Thanksgiving post ranks #4 out of ~800,000 matching items
==> Google’s 1st page GLOBALLY! (no filtering required)
Limited time offer:
Discover 5 techniques for dominating search engine ranking with video. Learn why old video practices will fail and how a newbie can steal your market overnight.
Subscribe to this blog (enter name and email in right margin) and receive:
1. A PDF document with details of the Top 5 video for search ranking strategies
2. Bonus: How to correct the 3 most common ‘home’ video mistakes
Your best is yet to come!
P.S. This blog is intended to spark dialogue — COMMENT and SHARE at will.
P.P.S. Tweet my blog by clicking “retweet” in the upper right corner of this post.
Copying, use, or display of content from this site, in whole or part, is conditionally permitted. (see our Content Sharing and Resource Info requirements)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.